[mythtvnz] EPG

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Thu Oct 7 01:06:22 BST 2010

> Am I right in assuming that someone who uses only DVB-T  can only get
> 2 days of data from the EPG?

Not exactly.

One of the nice things about MythTV is the ability to separate the
listings source from the actual viewing source. You can still get your
listings from where you normally do but use these for the DVB-T
channels.

Long(ish) range DVB-T listings data in NZ is not transmitted via EIT
like on DVB-S, but rather in a proprietary MHEG5 container. There have
been projects discussed on this list before on how to extract the data
from this, so it is possible if you wanted to go that route.

Personally I use epgnsoop to grab the listings data off the satellite
and then use this data on all my sources including DVB-T.

There are a number of options for listings but several ways are (in no
particular order):

* Downloading listings off the web (eg nzepg.org)
* Grabbing data from DVB-S using epgsnoop and friends
* Extracted MHEG5 data from DVB-T

Ross