[mythtvnz] [Fwd: Sky Television: Infringement of rights]

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Wed Oct 6 23:58:52 BST 2010

On 19 March 2010 08:03, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

I just wanted to bump into an old thread here with a thought.  Bear
with me before flaming me out... ;-)
DVD's are covered with copyright notices, and are hired out by Video
Ezy etc, who I understand get around some of the areas of the law
by requiring that all those who rent are "members" of their club, so
they only rent to membership.

If the EPG data gathered by those of you clever people who provide
this was only available to "members" of a mythtv new zealand
group, and members had a username and password, maybe handled as part
of the script, would it help in any way get around the
worries that a CAD order might one day slide across the doorstep?  Or
is it just likely to make it worse in that then there is identifiable
links to all those who use the service :-S

--

Barry Clearwater