[mythtvnz] FrontEnds Controlling Audio Mains Power

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Oct 2 11:04:45 BST 2010

http://www.voltelectronics.co.nz/power/energy-saving-products/new-usb-sensing-mains-power-switch-kit.html

Actually these are available, and seem to elegantly do it, for a price....   Of course the BIOS would have to be configured for USB
keyboard power on off, otherwise the switch would probably not work.  I also note the PS2 sockets have a 5V rail (>200mA) which
almost certainly will switch, so that's probably another way to get a signal, I imagine PS2 would work with this kit.  Also from
what I can tell it seems this kit has two control options, one is the 5V USB rail and the 2nd is the USB line, which suggests
software control might be also be an option.