[mythtvnz] FrontEnds Controlling Audio Mains Power

Neil Henwood nhenwood.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 09:30:55 BST 2010

Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 10:03 +1300, Tortise wrote:
>
>> Anyone considered anything like this?
>>

> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Other-electronics/Adaptors-chargers/auction-320821998.htm

I use a couple of these. One on my main lounge front end. I have it so
that the amp is the source that turns on and off the sub and the TV. The
PC is not switched. I do it that way as I also use the amp for my radio
and the TV goes into power save mode anyway after a short time.
The other one is for my olds Computer. Turn the PC on and it turns on
the ADSL router, Monitor speakers and skype phone. Works well for what I
use them for.

I have been thinking about getting LIRC to turn the amp off at the same
time that myth turns off the TV when not in use, but havn't got around
to working on that as have other more pressing tasks at hand. ;)