[mythtvnz] CompactFlash to SATA adapters for /

Joel Wiramu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Tue Nov 30 11:14:43 GMT 2010

Well the problem of performance with the original posters setup will
be because the mpeg2 streams are going to be dumped to the same disk
as the random io for the rest of the OS.

They will get the benefit by moving the myth-data area to
anywhere/anything else - so that the system is not starved of IO.

I bet you anything that the original posters issue is caused by
starved I/O operations waits.

They could

a) Add more disks and make the array raid 0 or 10
b) move the myth stores to a seperate set of disks from the OS.