[mythtvnz] CompactFlash to SATA adapters for /

Joel Wiramu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Tue Nov 30 11:09:58 GMT 2010

On 30 November 2010 21:21, Ross and Jemima Knudsen
<ross.jemima at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't using a USB thumb drive be about the same as a SATA to CF
> plus CF card in terms of speed, capacity and price?  If so then its
> possibly less hassle.

Unfortunately not, at least with CF you get some measure of the
read/write speeds on the box, and they tend to validated somewhat. USB
sticks have whatever were the cheapest of the day and god knows what
sort of controller chipet.

On average I get much worse read times from USB memory sticks than
equivalently sized CF.