[mythtvnz] No Sound & Black screen lockup in mythfrontend 0.24

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 22:42:43 GMT 2010

Hi

On 28 November 2010 07:56, James Booth <james at booths.net.nz> wrote:

> JYA, I have been using your repositories, and with the move to 0.24 I'm
> wondering if you can clarify which of your patches are now in the standard
> build, and what is not? What are the main differences from your builds
> compared to the regular fixes build? No point in users like me costing you
> bandwidth if I don't need your mods.

For about a week before I backported the audio changes to fixes; I ran
the same audio code as trunk.

You see, I run 0.24-fixes on my systems, the easiest way for me to
test, is to silently roll out changes to my builds so I can test them.

Right now, the only patchset not in the default autobuild is the
vuvuzela filter.

What you will often see in the future, is that features I add to trunk
which I think are worth being backported will be so ; while I'm
working with the other mythtv developers to agree to backport some
features (they often strongly feel that fixes should only receive
fixes, not new features).

As I don't want to wait 6+ months to see people using my code (and
people includes me), I backport those