[mythtvnz] Slightly OT - DVD watching

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Nov 27 20:31:28 GMT 2010

What is the display & what video card ?

IMO the latest LCDs have a fake plastic/cartoon look to all material.

Do you prefer the Myth playback ?
Does the BD player (presume upscaling) look too good ?

I find Myth playback with vdpau feature set C to be very very good,
better than my DVD player & TV-doubler/scaler but the TV is CRT & the
player is not upscaling.

IMO That plastic look of the adverts for "Survivors/CSI NYC/Miami Vice"
look so fake esp. on new LCDs.