[mythtvnz] Ubuntu 10.10 and iMon remote with VFD

Mark markk at kc.net.nz
Sat Nov 27 08:08:07 GMT 2010

I recently upgraded a front end to 10.10 and get a very pleasant
surprise.  Prior to upgrade the iMon was picking up signals sent from my
DSE tv remote and treating them as if they came from the iMon remote, I
just thought it was that the remotes were sharing (or very close to
sharing) the same codes.  After upgrading this has almost completlely
stopped happening, yay a video can be paused, tv channels switched etc
and video stays in the same place!

One minor issue, I guess I'll need to sort out a udev rule for the imon
though, it's changed it's /dev/input/event number across reboots and
when this happens it of course stops lirc seeing it.

Mark