[mythtvnz] cpu requirements for h.264

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Nov 8 09:45:56 GMT 2010

On 8/11/2010 10:29 p.m., Mark van Dijk wrote:
> dual-core T7500 CPU

That's a Core 2 Duo T7500 – 2.20 GHz (4 MB L2, 800 MHz FSB)  Sorry Mark,
I believe something in the hardware will have to be upgraded, which
realistically might mean the whole kit.  I can confirm Dell D830's work
fine with the 140M graphics version.  Upgrading the CPU to the max 2.6G
version for your motherboard probably won't bridge it.  If you are
exceptionally lucky there might be a vdpau card swap you can do, what's
the model?