[mythtvnz] cpu requirements for h.264

Mark van Dijk mark.van.dijk at ihug.co.nz
Mon Nov 8 09:29:14 GMT 2010

quick query, i have a laptop with a dual-core T7500 CPU that I would like to use as a frontend.  It has an Intel X3100 graphics card, which won't help with H.264, so its purely software decoding.
Currently running Ubuntu 10.04 (x64).

It appears to ALMOST play back TV1/2/3.  The picture/sound quality is excellent, but every 10-60 seconds there will be a brief 1/4 second pause.  Apart from this brief pause, everything else is fine.
It seems like i'm almost there, so is there anything I can do to slightly improve matters?

--
Mark van Dijk