[mythtvnz] Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 3000

Shinfield owen.pimm at gmail.com
Sun May 30 08:06:22 BST 2010

Hi All,

I'm looking for help in setting up an Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit PC using a
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 3000 TV card. I acquired the card and I'm hoping
I'll be able to receive terrestrial digital TV signals in my area
(Christchurch). I've installed the card and using lsmod see that there
are a number of added kernel modules on the systems now, so I guess all
is well. What do I need to do to get this card working under Linux? If
I've brought a pup, let me know and try to off-load it.

Looking for anyone who can point me in the right direction for what to
do next? I'm new to all this so apologies in advance if I'm asking the
bleeding obvious.

Regards

Owen