[mythtvnz] Programmes in series being identified as movies

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun May 23 01:11:55 BST 2010

On 22/05/2010, at 10:31 PM, Hadley Rich wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-05-22 at 22:07 +1200, Ross Williamson wrote:
>> To partially answer my own question, I have found that Jamu may be the
>> source of the unique identifier. The programmes in question are in the
>> Jamu log file.
>>
>> Would it be right however that Jamu is only run on programmes with the
>> "movie" category as received from the XMLTV data?
>
> I don't know much about Jamu. MythTV does generate program IDs though.
>
>> Does your data have two differing category nodes like mine has? Do you
>> mean that it shows as "tvshow" rather than "movie"? Or does yours only
>> have the second "Drama" one?
>
> I have both. That's what mythfilldatabase expects/uses.
>
>> What processors do you have enabled? I can probably turn some off,
>> failing that will use the debugging as suggested.
>
> I use all the xmltv-proc-nz ones but I'm not sure what epgsnoop ones are
> being used at the moment.

These IDs are supposed to come from DataDirect, but something else must also be populating them. I've been having the same issues with a number of shows showing up as Duplicates, which means I needed to change the recording rules to disable duplicate checking which is very annoying.

A scan of my database shows I've got over 1400 entries in my Program table with a programid starting MV, including shows like The Pacific, 30 Rock etc. This really isn't good.

I'm also wondering if Jamu is in some way involved?

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz