[mythtvnz] Programmes in series being identified as movies

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Sat May 22 11:07:42 BST 2010

> Could this not be an issue with the listings at all (apart from the
> "movie" category clearly not being correct) but rather an issue with
> MythTV itself doing the lookups? Come to think of it it may have occured
> when I upgraded to 0.23 but I was not aware MythTV did any lookups of
> its own so did not look down that route.
>
> If this is the case will fixing the listings so the category is "tvshow"
> rather than "movie" stop MythTV trying to grab movie details? If so, how
> can this be achieved?

To partially answer my own question, I have found that Jamu may be the
source of the unique identifier. The programmes in question are in the
Jamu log file.

Would it be right however that Jamu is only run on programmes with the
"movie" category as received from the XMLTV data?

> You need to find out where this movie category is coming from (epgsnoop
> or xmltv-proc-nz, and what processor is adding it) both have some
> limited debugging logging available.
>
> If it helps, it's not in my data.

Does your data have two differing category nodes like mine has? Do you
mean that it shows as "tvshow" rather than "movie"? Or does yours only
have the second "Drama" one?

What processors do you have enabled? I can probably turn some off,
failing that will use the debugging as suggested.

Thanks again

Ross