[mythtvnz] Programmes in series being identified as movies

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sat May 22 11:01:51 BST 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-22 at 21:45 +1200, Ross Williamson wrote:
> Apart from being "movie" in the first instance of the category node I
> can't see any unique identifiers in there. But MythTV shows the
> programme ID as "MV83207141", which is clearly a unique identifier.

That's quite possibly the problem.

> Could this not be an issue with the listings at all (apart from the
> "movie" category clearly not being correct) but rather an issue with
> MythTV itself doing the lookups? Come to think of it it may have
> occured when I upgraded to 0.23 but I was not aware MythTV did any
> lookups of  its own so did not look down that route.

No it's probably that movie category thing that is your trouble.

> If this is the case will fixing the listings so the category is
> "tvshow" rather than "movie" stop MythTV trying to grab movie details?
> If so, how can this be achieved?

You need to find out where this movie category is coming from (epgsnoop
or xmltv-proc-nz, and what processor is adding it) both have some
limited debugging logging available.

If it helps, it's not in my data.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier