[mythtvnz] Bluetooth keyboards

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun May 16 21:33:07 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 8:21 PM
Subject: [mythtvnz] Bluetooth keyboards

> Hi all - I've got a little bluetooth keyboard I'd like to use as a
> remote control for my frontend.
>
> It works perfectly, except the pairing is deleted at reboot.
> Are there any tricks to keeping the pairing between reboots?
>
> I've tried putting the USB bluetooth dongle in HID mode rather than HCI,
> but that doesn't stick across reboots either.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

Some punts you may have considered, check the motherboard BIOS to see if there is a USB setting that might continue power to the USB
device.  Also a powered USB hub might be part of a solution.   Some trickery beyond that might also be necessary though.
Fundamentally I believe the issue is the USB device loses power - and its settings.  Maybe one day someone will make them save the
information between power interruptions?  Another wild punt is there are some split USB cables used with some portable USB HDD's,
one end of the Y is USB power and the second end is data/power.  I wonder if external power to the power end might do the business?

I think people find it helpful to have the brand and model specifics, both to assist you and also for others searching in the
future.  Motherboard manual URL's I observe when specified often "grease the wheels".