[mythtvnz] BBC RSS feeds stopped working

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun May 9 09:05:34 BST 2010

Got a strange one today - well for the last week or so!!

The RSS feeds from the BBC used in the News Feeds plugin in 0.23-fixes
seem to be very erratic for the last few days. I've checked the URLs and
going direct to the bbc website the xml feeds come down OK.

I'm not sure how the newsfeed plugin works - whether its a script or c++
code but I guess there is something in there to set retry timers etc and I
wonder if they require a tweak.

slashdot and stuff are both OK so its just something odd with the Broken
Biscuit Company :-)

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks