[mythtvnz] DVB-T MHEG EPG

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Tue May 4 07:42:35 BST 2010

On Sat, May 1, 2010 4:09 pm, Solor Vox wrote:
> mheg2xmltv version update, 0.3.0
>
> * Support for show metadata information such as categories.  Sample
> data file included with 54 shows.
> * Included few of my tools for searching through MHEG stream. (not
> required for running mheg2xmltv)
> * Added dolby audio flag
>
> I thought the metadata categories would be only couple of lines of
> code... Until I noticed that freeview is sending a unique showid for
> each season of each show.  Which means I needed to keep track of
> unknown set of categories with an unknown set of show ID numbers.
> Ended up doing a set of associated arrays to keep track of things.  So
> my quick few lines turned into 110. :) Still, it takes between 1.2 and
> 1.9 seconds to run.  Not sure how much that will increase as the
> metadata file grows.

You might want to add TV33 to your channel map and make sure it is above
TV3 or there are issues with the mapping.

CHANNEL_MAP='TV ONE,tv1.freeviewnz.tv,tv_one.jpg
TV33,tv33.freeviewnz.tv,tv33_107x35.jpg
TV2,tv2.freeviewnz.tv,tv_2.jpg

Also TV33's data is now in the XML stream from freeview's website.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz