[mythtvnz] DVB-T MHEG EPG

Solor Vox solorvox at gmail.com
Sat May 1 05:09:06 BST 2010

mheg2xmltv version update, 0.3.0

* Support for show metadata information such as categories.  Sample
data file included with 54 shows.
* Included few of my tools for searching through MHEG stream. (not
required for running mheg2xmltv)
* Added dolby audio flag

I thought the metadata categories would be only couple of lines of
code... Until I noticed that freeview is sending a unique showid for
each season of each show.  Which means I needed to keep track of
unknown set of categories with an unknown set of show ID numbers.
Ended up doing a set of associated arrays to keep track of things.  So
my quick few lines turned into 110. :) Still, it takes between 1.2 and
1.9 seconds to run.  Not sure how much that will increase as the
metadata file grows.

Subversion and release tar updated.  As always, comments welcome.

Cheers,
sV