[mythtvnz] Myth not responding to remote

Daniel Giddens daniel at acsdata.co.nz
Tue May 4 00:04:00 BST 2010

I am fairly certain that mythfrontend parses the .lircrc file in your
home directory. You should have a .lirc directory and in that you will
have all your lirc conf files.

ls .lirc
elisa  mplayer  mythtv  oldmythtv  totem  vlc  xine  xmame  xmess

But mythfrontend doesn't use that directory by default.

You need to either link the .lircrc file to .lirc/mythtv

ln -s .lirc/mythtv .lircrc

will give you the following

ls -la
lrwxrwxrwx  1 myth myth       12 2010-04-02 23:04 .lircrc
-> .lirc/mythtv

or

have a file like I listed previously with includes for all the conf
files

cat .lircrc
#Custom lircrc generated via mythbuntu-lirc-generator
#All application specific lircrc files are within ~/.lirc
include ~/.lirc/mythtv
include ~/.lirc/mplayer
include ~/.lirc/xine
include ~/.lirc/vlc
include ~/.lirc/xmame
include ~/.lirc/xmess
include ~/.lirc/totem
include ~/.lirc/elisa

The result you are getting is exactly what you would expect if you don't
have the .lircrc file located in your home directory.

Daniel