[mythtvnz] VLC and VDPAU

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 06:48:54 BST 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 6:30 PM, Ross and Jemima Knudsen <
ross.jemima at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been meaning to pipe in on this long running theme for a little
> while now.  Not trying to hijack this thread or anything but live TV is
> useful in some circumstances.  For instance TVNZ6/Kidzone is a great
> channel to put on for the kids to watch (keeps them occupied) but you
> don't really want to schedule recordings and fill up disk space with it.

I can't say I can see the advantage over setting up some recordings and
letting them autoexpire (and Live TV does still take up disk space until it
expires in exactly the same way anyway). I don't know how kids feel, but
personally I can't stand advertising so I'd never watch anything live
(except some sport) without a good buffer anyway.

Cheers,