[mythtvnz] Hardware Recommendations

David Kirk davidrkirk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 21:22:50 GMT 2010

Hey Guys,

>> btw DVI to component adapters can be bought cheaply on trademe.
>
> Read my warning a few messages back. First one I found on trademe
> confirms my warning
>
> "Connectors: DVI-I Male to (3) RCA Male( Red, Green, Blue.)
> (*)The Cable Not Support your Computer Monitor Video Port, or Y , Cr,
> Cb Video. Your Video Source Must Provide a YpbPr Component Video
> Signal form the DVI-I Video Ports to Use Cable "

I found a VGA to Component cable at work and took it home to give it a
go.  It didn't go well.  I plugged it in to a laptop and tried all
sorts of settings, but it was a complete mess.  I couldn't get it to
work.

I've seen some VGA to S-Video and Composite cables.  I wonder if one
of those will work.

Thanks

David Kirk