[mythtvnz] Hardware Recommendations

David Kirk davidrkirk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 22:49:59 GMT 2010

Hey Nick,

> Danger Danger Will Robinson: There are at least two types of DVI,
> digital and analogue. I THINK that a DVI->component connector will
> only work with DVI-A whereas the output from most DVI graphics cards
> is DVI-D.

Thanks for the warning.

> SCART may have some options, but you need to know what options your
> scart in supports. scart has a number of options, s-video, RGB and
> component, but not all are necessarily supported in a given device.
> There is a method, I believe, of doing VGA to SCART-RGB. It involves a
> small amount of electronics.

There seem to be some VGA to component cables around.  Do you think
that would work?  It's all analogue signals right?

The back of the TV has about 4 SCART connectors.  At least 2 of them
already have adaptors in them that have composite cables going in to
them, but they also have S-video sockets on them.  The TV is a
Panasonic 76PW60A.  The manual is at
http://panasonic.com.au/content/library/files/F000623.pdf.  Pages 32
to 34 give details about connecting devices.

I will replace the TV eventually, but for now I'm stuck with it.

Thanks

David Kirk