[mythtvnz] No sound in frontend...

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 21:07:16 GMT 2010

On 24 March 2010 09:01, Ross and Jemima Knudsen <ross.jemima at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 23 March 2010 22:15, Brendan Dacre <bjdacre at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I guess I am going to have to download the source and compile...
>  ugggh...
> > Brendan
>
> Why not try installing myth from JYA's repo?  Its packaged for Ubuntu
> but might work on Debian as Ubuntu is Debian based.  You might have to
> be careful as to the revisions that you use in case there is some
> incompatible change between versions.

Yes, or maybe the Mythbuntu package which I know works on the Mythbuntu
FE/BE.  Anyway, whatever I do, I am going to have do some reading on the
correct procedure for pulling single packages from another source...

I also e-mailed the debian-multimedia site, the source of my current
package, to ask that the package be compiled with this option on...

Unfortunately, I have two major essays and a presentation due just after
easter, so I am going to have to leave things as they are for a little
while...

Brendan