[mythtvnz] No sound in frontend...

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 01:57:17 GMT 2010

Hi,

I have a test Mythbuntu 9.10 backend (and frontend for testing purposes)
tuned to freeview.  The backend and frontend work OK, but when I run a
frontend on another machine, I get no sound.

I have played with the frontend sound settings (device) to no avail.  The
two frontend machines with this problem run debian lenny and mythtv 0.22.
 Sound works on both machines in other applications (rhythmbox).

The video works beautifully, better than the backend machine, but no sound
is rather annoying...

Brendan