[mythtvnz] Wireless Keyboard / Trackball

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 04:57:29 GMT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Jonathan Hoskin
<jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com>wrote:

> A bit OT but does anyone else use Avahi / mDNS for automatic name
> resolution on their network? Then everything on the network is
> [hostname].local regardless of dynamic or static addressing. Since I also
> have Apple gear in the house it makes a lot of sense for me.

I almost set up it when I was trying to get MythMote working on my iPhone.
It didn't seem to be able to resolve bare hostnames properly for some
reason. But then I discovered you could just override the discovered
addresses in MythMote and that was the easier solution.

Cheers,