[mythtvnz] epgsnoop

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Mar 20 11:13:50 GMT 2010

> On Sat, 2010-03-20 at 17:01 +1300, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Spoke too soon (well almost). Nothing to do with the epgsnoop changes
>> but
>> having updated to trunk (0.23 to be) a couple of days ago I see there
>> is
>> a change in the python bindings that is generating verbose output
>> which is
>> messing with my 'myth_recorder_status' script by outputting the
>> following
>> line a couple of times...
>
> I had this in mind when I was coding earlier but didn't have the time, I
> now have.
>
> Part of the tuning process in epgsnoop will discover if the card is
> already in use. I've now added another option (bzr up) which allows you
> to tell it how many times to retry tuning (at 5 min intervals).
>
> This should make my little myth_recorder_status script redundant for
> that particular purpose.
>
> hads

Hi Hads

I decided I really should look at the code so I'd fixed the
'myth_recorder_status' script with the required MythLog calls, only to get
instruction on how to fix it on the dev list 30 minutes later!! Oh well...

Anyway, I've tried the new version of epgsnoop (I had to use bzr pull to
get it as update didn't do anything) and it runs fine. I do get a few
errors like this - randomly from 1 to 6 of them - it doesn't seem to do
any harm.

Error(75): read (PID 0x0012): Buffer overflow, stream bandwidth to high

I guess the last piece of the jigsaw is to be able to just load the file
directly with tv_grab_nz-py rather than going through a web interface.
Since there are no options passed to it I guess that means either a
flag/options/config file or setting a variable at the start to steer the
code one way or the other.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks