[mythtvnz] Strange issues with TVOne and TV3

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Mar 15 10:56:25 GMT 2010

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:03:55 +1300, you wrote:

>3. I think it might have something to do with bandwidth somewhere -
>the issue is only present in HD recordings, but I have no idea where
>the bottleneck might be. The raid5 setup (md) that I have can write up
>to 100MB/s, so I don't think it's a disk issue.

Write speed is not the number you need to worry about.  Data normally
gets lost because of access times, not write speed.  If you are
recording multiple programs at the same time, and also running
mythcommflag on them, then the heads will be moving around most of the
time, and you can push things hard enough that you run out of RAM
buffering.