[mythtvnz] Multiseat Myth?

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 08:05:08 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether it would be possible to run a
multiseated mythbox?  Multiseat is where you run two or more monitors
with separate desktops on each.  I'm interested to know whether it would
be still possible to access the advanced graphics functions (ie hardware
decoding) with 2+ monitors.

Reason I'm asking is that it seems like it might be more cost effective
to just run AV cabling than building/buying separate frontend systems.
Especially if they are probably not going to get fully utilised as I'm
sure that my system is not being heavily pushed.

Anyway it'd be good to get people's views as without the hardware
decoding capabilities this idea is pretty much dead in the water.

Cheers
Rossco