[mythtvnz] EPG or lack there of

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 11:02:29 GMT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:53 PM, David Lowe <david at thistledown.co.nz> wrote:

> I clearly am in a minority... I use EIT for Freeview and the former
> epg.pvr.geek.nz feed for Sky. No real reason - it was just easier that way
> - I set up Freeview first and haven't seen the need to change. I find the
> EIT data perfectly good for normal use. I was under the impression that you
> can't use EIT for Sky channels. Am I wrong?

I think what you're saying is that you can't use MythTV for Sky EIT data.
I'm not sure if that's possible or not - it would be if Myth applies the EIT
data it grabs to all copies of a particular channel (and I think there might
be a setting for that these days).

It certainly is possible to use Sky EIT data by grabbing it with an external
program (that's what epg.pvr.geek.nz did to generate their feed), and that's
the easiest way really.

Cheers,