[mythtvnz] EPG or lack there of

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Sun Mar 14 08:53:49 GMT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Stephen Worthington
> <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:43:09 +1300, you wrote:
> >
> > I know you can get the Freeview EIT data from their satellite
> > channels.  But can you also get the Sky EIT from their satellite
> > channels even though the video is encrypted?  What do you need to do
> > that?
>

> My understanding is that the standard provides that the eit data must
> be unencrypted. Break the standard and you break the receiving boxes.
>
> I don't do sky at all and would be happy with freeview only data.

I clearly am in a minority... I use EIT for Freeview and the former
epg.pvr.geek.nz feed for Sky. No real reason - it was just easier that way -
I set up Freeview first and haven't seen the need to change. I find the EIT
data perfectly good for normal use. I was under the impression that you
can't use EIT for Sky channels. Am I wrong?
- David