[mythtvnz] Tuning mythtv in Dunedin

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 02:11:54 GMT 2010

Stephen,

Hmmm...  This is the result of the query;

+---------+----------+-------------+-----------+-----------+
| mplexid | sourceid | transportid | networkid | frequency |
+---------+----------+-------------+-----------+-----------+
|       1 |        1 |          28 |      8746 | 650000000 |
|       5 |        1 |          33 |      8746 | 730000000 |
|       4 |        1 |          29 |      8746 | 666000000 |
+---------+----------+-------------+-----------+-----------+

It seems I have all 3.

Actually I have been hacking in the interim and have created a nz-MtCargill
file in /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/ from the Waiatarua one (which was the only NZ
file there) using values I found on the net.  Since then I have got channel
100, the HD demo channel.

When I do a channel scan, I get 3 distinct groups of channel locks;  one at
ch 43 (4 probable channels but only TV1 and TV2 appear), one at ch 45 (3
probable channels but only TV3 appears) and one at ch 53 (11 probable
channels but only the HD demo channel appears).

I also adjusted the timeouts for playback channel locking in the card setup
section (doubled from 1 sec to 2) and the tuning lock (increased from 2 secs
to 5 secs).  This improved the reliability of at least the channel
scanning...

Apparently, some people have a channels.txt file which I have failed to find
on my system.  I have seen examples, but none that I would guess would work
in Dunedin, even if I knew where to put it or how to import it...

Thanks for your help so far.

Brendan