[mythtvnz] Problem with desktop extending beyond screen edge

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Mar 8 10:42:03 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ross and Jemima Knudsen" <ross.jemima at gmail.com>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Problem with desktop extending beyond screen edge

> Tortise wrote:
>> See http://imagebin.ca/view/NHhmwZf.html  I hacked this up for you.  You should be able to see all the lines - the 3 black lines
>> at
>> each corner (x
>> four), as well as the ten horizontal lines in the middle.
>
> Thanks for putting that together.  I can only see five lines in middle
> and all three lines at the edges.

You might find it helpful to blow it up with some image viewer like paint or whatever to see exactly what the lines look like so you
know what you are looking at.

If there are five black lines in the middle that are all equal in width (and gap width) then its probably showing 1080.  All the
lines and line spacing's should be seen and be exactly the same widths.  Why it overscans HD is curious, probably for historical CRT
reasons, but is there any benefit in this case, none that I can see.  (Apart from shaving a couple of pixels off the edge might
occasionally be helpful)