[mythtvnz] Next problem --- Audio over DVI to HDMI

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 10:14:43 GMT 2010

Hi all,

New problem to tackle now.

I'd like to know if its possible to run audio over my DVI to HDMI cable
to my TV.  I've been reading a bit of stuff and getting a little
confused.  Also when I upgraded from Jaunty to Karmic I didn't have any
sound and had to change my sound settings from ALSA:default to
ALSA:Surround51.  I'm not sure if thats because it installed PulseAudio
and it shouldn't be used with Myth.  One of the wikis say its not
compatible with Myth.

Currently there is no proper sound in any application.  However there
are hisses clicks and pops periodically (every 10 seconds or so) which
increase in frequency when trying to watch recordings in Myth.

Any ideas on how to approach this?

Additional information.
Audio 8280lI HD Audio Controller Intel onboard
Ubuntu 9.10 AMD_64.
JYA's Nvidia drivers
Geforce 9400 GT