[mythtvnz] Problem with desktop extending beyond screen edge

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 09:13:46 GMT 2010

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a myth problem directly or not. I just got a new LCD
TV (42" Konka - nice and cheap from DSE).  However I'm having trouble
with the resolution.  I can set it to 1080P and get the DVI to HDMI
output on the TV fine however I'm missing all the sides of the screen.
So I can't see my taskbar at the top or bottom of the screen and am
missing a small area from the edges.  I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 AMD_64.
I've searched on the web a little but am getting sick of wrecking my
xconfig files and having to fix the display up!  I tried connecting my
Windows 7 laptop to the DVI cable and it displays perfectly with no
missing edges at the same resolution so I can be confident that the TV
is working OK which leaves me with Linux...  Also I'm using JYA's Nvidia
drivers on a Geforce 9400 GT.

Regards

Rossco