[mythtvnz] Mythvideo 0.22 filename mangling

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Mar 6 02:49:59 GMT 2010

Mythvideo introduced a number of new features in 0.22, and after using
it for a while, I have found that I do not like some of them.  I have
disabled Jamu.  But the thing that I find most annoying is the mangled
file names.  Clearly the files I have downloaded do not follow the
conventions that Mythvideo is expecting, and the resulting mangled
names are really annoying.  So far, I have not found any way to turn
this off and just get the real file names.  Is that possible?

If not, then I think I will need to get the source for mythvideo and
do a fix for myself.  Does anyone know how to get the source for the
JYA version of mythvideo, and how to build packages from it after I do
a build so that I can handle the updating in a sane manner?