[mythtvnz] RF remote works with linux?

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 09:56:12 GMT 2010

Thanks Geoff and Jean.  I ran across another link on the mythtv wiki
where the author alludes to using one of these remotes:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Choosing_Frontend_Hardware

Near the bottom.

Also thanks for the heads up on the lirc data and links to the
manufacturer's website (which I actually found after posting).  Customer
service on the Expansys site came back with a short email saying that
the remote isn't compatible with Linux (I'll show them... ;-)).

I was more concerned about whether Linux has the correct
firmware/drivers to use the rf dongle but from the link above it appears
that it can.  Cool.

Rossco