[mythtvnz] SQL Dump please

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jun 20 06:48:10 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Hodge
To: MythTV in NZ
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] SQL Dump please

>>On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>>Yes , however I've been getting the same message for more than a week, so it is updating data despite what it says.

>If you've got the correct data then why are you worried about the message?

Because some of the data turned into "." and "...", especially for Prime and many times for the channel 50 Mux channels.  (Don't you
love the clarity of the jargon here - is there a better way to express this?)  Not sure why that happened but I understood that to
confirm there were issues!

>>Running mythfilldatabase -v xmltv as {logonuser} gets repeats of:

>>2010-06-20 12:38:05.050 Grabbing listing data
--2010-06-20 12:38:05--  http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService
Resolving webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com... 144.142.232.53
Connecting to webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com|144.142.232.53|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
Reusing existing connection to webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
Authorization failed.
2010-06-20 12:38:05.685 Grab complete.  Actual data from  to  (UTC)

>>I'm not sure why schedules direct is being contacted as I have not (to my kowledge) enabled that.

>You didn't give mythfilldatabase any other instructions - it's default behaviour is to obtain epg data from Schedules Direct. If
>you want to manually process an xml file using mythfilldatabase you need to tell it where the file is with the --file argument,
>e.g.:
mythfilldatabase --update --file 1 listings.xml --sourceid 1
The "1" after --file specifies which video source the data is for. I'm not sure you actually need the --sourceid argument as well as
the --file argument. --update tells mythfilldatabase not to add any missing channels.

Thank you for your clarifications Steve.  The sense of this is clear with your explanation.  As you may have guessed I've not done
that before(!)  I bet I'm not alone in that!  Nick?!

I presume by listings.xml you mean the file that is in my case {XMLTV config file is:} /home/mythtv/.mythtv/T1.xmltv

I revised the data as per my previous post, the only other thing I did (other than routine updates!) was to revise two xmltv file
lines

from

channel=cue.freeviewnz.tv
channel=te-reo.freeviewnz.tv

channel!cue.freeviewnz.tv
channel!te-reo.freeviewnz.tv

The funny thing is I then rebooted, following some system misbehaviour, and after checking a little later the status page now says:

Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2010-06-20 16:30 and ended on 2010-06-20 16:30. Successful.
There's guide data until 2010-06-28 00:45 (8 days).

I've not yet added your arguments, I will as they make sense.  I might watch the logs and things for a day or two first.  My
presumption is that the extra lines from the sql were interfering in the clean completion of mythfilldatabase,