[mythtvnz] Myth will not recognise second capture card (SkyStar2).

Phillip B phillip.baird at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 11:53:53 BST 2010

Hi all,

My backend was working fine, but I wanted to reconfigure the disks and so
decided to do a fresh install with Mythbuntu 10.4.  Now I cannot seem to get
it to recognise my second DVB-S card in Backend Setup.  This card is a
Technisat SkyStar2.

In Capture Card Setup, in the "Frontend Id" field it is displaying "Could
not get card info for card '/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0'" SubType "Unknown
error"

There is a bug noted in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mythtv/+bug/437407 that seems to
suggest this is SkyStar2 issue.   It appears to be solved but it's solution
is from September last year so I would have thought it would be included in
Mythbuntu 10.4/MythTV 0.23.

dmesg | grep -i registering shows...
[    7.693972] DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget-S-1401 PCI)
[    7.986548] DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Philips TDA10086
DVB-S)...
[    8.004154] DVB: registering new adapter (FlexCop Digital TV device)
[    8.635713] DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (ST STV0299 DVB-S)...

Any suggestions where to go from here?

thanks

Phillip B.