[mythtvnz] GeForce xfx 6200 & WinTV-NOVA-TD 500?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Wed Jun 16 04:02:12 BST 2010

On 13/06/10 17:13, Tortise wrote:

> [...]

Well, that's a fair bit of traffic for a 1st post:)
All very interesting, thank you.

Answer to above is, no.  And, I hope I never have to get one either!  My
20 year old Sony Trinitron flatscreen hasn't even so much a blinked
since I got it, and I'm sticking to it:)

My interest in the above was a bit academic...  But, I'll wait for an
answer from reel-multimedia on the internal "Analog-Video" question.

And, I am much more interested in being able to watch ABC (long shot,
unlikely I see) & SBS than I am in watching anything HD.  My interest in
terrestrial over satellite was more because my source of broadcast info
tells me that the bandwith on the satalites is fixed, so new channels
coming on air will likely be terrestrial only.

My interest in terrestrial over satellite was that haupaugg's only dual
tuner card is terrestrial, but following Brett's post:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/439988#439988
I see that the real-multimedia people in Germany do one...  Does anyone
have any compatibility info on this card or any info on any other
satellite duel tuners card?  (I assume it must be compatible as their
boxes seem to all be linux based.)

Re the other point on Brett's post, this is a link to the beast I'm
working with:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx270/en/ug/index.htm
Small Desktop
No pci-e (that came in with opgx280).  (BTW, anyway to get a pci card to
play on an AGP bus...?)
Brett, it's got SATA - sorry, it came free and I'm not sticking it in
the landfill.

At the moment, I'm settling on the geforce 6200 & the above dual
satellite tuner, that'll leave me with 1 spare pci slot to pop in a
decent sound card if I can get one before they all go off the market for
pcie...

Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND
<mailto:mstuffATreadDOTorgDOTnz>