[mythtvnz] GeForce xfx 6200 & WinTV-NOVA-TD 500?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jun 13 06:13:59 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] GeForce xfx 6200 & WinTV-NOVA-TD 500?

> On 11/06/10 21:49, Morgan Read wrote:
>> Feeling sure I will attract much derision, does anyone have any comment
>> about this board and my steadfast commitment to making old dogs to new
>> tricks:
>> http://www.reel-multimedia.com/en/extension_linux_technische_daten.html
>>
>> (For those missing the start of the thread, the old dog is a Dell
>> Optiplex gx270.)
>
> Its a video card, not a tuner card.
>
> Do you have a HDMI or YUV capable monitor/TV to plug it into ?
>

> --
> Criggie

I agree this is the key question that all else hinges on, given relative monitor costs.  People who have posted monitor details,
especially URL's to the monitor's user manual pdf's have got helpful responses from the list.  Mention of any future monitor plans
are also relevant, as is budget, however given the wish to re-cycle the Dell suggests to me the budget is desired to be kept modest.