[mythtvnz] Technotrend S-1401

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 12:13:09 BST 2010

On 14 June 2010 22:20, Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 22:02 +1200, Brendan Dacre wrote:
> > This is after manually loading the b2c2_flexcop_pci module.  After a
> > reboot and the default modules, I have only adapter0...
>
> The driver for the S-1401 is saa7146
>
> The mention of the b2c2_flexcop_pci on the WLUG wiki page is about the
> old SkyStar card I believe.
>
> You should only have /dev/dvb/adapter0 as there's only one tuner on the
> card.
>
> I'm not sure what the issue is, I've not heard of any compatibility
> issues but I guess it's a possibility.

Thanks for your help.  I finally twigged to the not recognizing the card
problem.  I added myself to the video group and I seem to be able to
recognise the card now.

I am now trying to tune the card.  It seemed to time out in mythtv-setup...

Anyway, I will keep going for a while.  This is my first time with
satellite, so I am not sure what I am doing.  It's an old sky dish I hope is
still working...

Thanks again.

Brendan