[mythtvnz] GeForce xfx 6200 & WinTV-NOVA-TD 500?

mythtv mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Jun 14 09:48:32 BST 2010

> Looking at the original posters PC spec at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_OptiPlex is shown that it is an AGP based motherboard.
> I have several PCI video cards in very similar PC's running the same Intel series CPU's etc.  They are in my experience
> indistinguishable from PCIe based 8500GT video cards in more recent C2D motherboards.  I agree Intel 3G level CPU's will leave most
> ION cpu's for dead, unless they are fitted with similar spec CPU's, I recall ZOTAC do make a few - and they are priced in accord.
> The PCI cards do not seem to be compatible with all motherboards, however I would expect no performance issue with the OP's box.
> The biggest issue will be noise. Capacitors issues are also noted on the site.  Depending on what the OP wishes to do, may make an
> ION based box attractive however I note commflagging is starting to work here in NZ now, so more CPU can be useful.

I suggested the Optiplex 760 or better not the ugly plastic brick .. The
760 Core2Duo & PCI express half height, full height with riser, this
could defeat fitting any internal tuner.
The 8500GT is not a recommended videocard. The $60 GT210 would be
better.
Buying PCI or AGP GPU is a waste of money.
Brett