[mythtvnz] Technotrend S-1401

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 08:45:23 BST 2010

Gentlepeople,

I have just bought and installed a Technotrend S-1401 dvb-s card.  The
driver modules seem to load and there are no apparent error messages (like
the missing firmware errors I initially got with my HVR 1200), but the card
does not appear to be working.  Running Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) server.  In
mythtv-setup I get a "could not get card info for card
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0/".  Using w_scan I get "FATAL: ***** NO USEABLE
DVB CARD FOUND. *****".

Do I need firmware?  I did a search and found this
file dvb-ttpci-01.fw-2622, but putting it in the firmware directory didn't
seem to make any difference.

Relevant part of lsmod output:

lnbp21                  2114  1
tda826x                 3045  1
tda10086               10358  1
radeon                739595  0
ttm                    60815  1 radeon
budget                 15685  0
drm_kms_helper         30710  1 radeon
budget_core             9528  1 budget
saa7146                17456  2 budget,budget_core
drm                   198226  3 radeon,ttm,drm_kms_helper
ttpci_eeprom            1929  1 budget_core
i2c_piix4               9639  0
edac_core              45423  0
dvb_core              102929  2 budget,budget_core

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Brendan