[mythtvnz] Optus D1 and Australian TV

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Fri Jun 11 06:02:13 BST 2010

Confirming what others have said. The limitation of one card doesn't
really come into play. I have two DVB-S cards but the bottleneck is
not recording off SBS, which I can do, but recording off both Freeview
and SBS simultaneously which I can't without a dual transponder LNB on
my dish. If you set-up channel recording priorities on your Freeview
and SBS channels you can at least control which recordings will take
precedence and so which frequency gets a lock when there's a conflict.

Matt

On 11/06/2010, at 4:49 PM, Ross Williamson wrote:

>> There is just the single Hauppauge Nova-S card... but I apparently
>
>> don't have it configured to be smart enough to automatically change
>
>> polarisations.  I'll investigate those settings since you are
>
>> describing exactly how I had hoped it would work.
>

> I don't understand what card settings you are talking about. The
>
> polarisation is specified during the transponder scan in MythTV. When
>
> channels are found this info gets saved with each channel along with
> the
>
> frequency, symbol rate, FEC... etc etc.
>

> It isn't a card-wide setting. Where are you seeing this? If it was a
> card
>
> wide setting this would break many setups for DVB-S.
>

> Ross

.headfirst
WEB DEVELOPERS .ENGAGING .USEFUL .WORKS
web:www.headfirst.co.nz