[mythtvnz] EPG from MHEG or Internet?

Solor Vox solorvox at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 00:16:31 BST 2010

On 7 June 2010 08:03, stuart <stugo at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi Guys
> I am also interested in this as I have just built a new box with nova t
> 500 all is  happy. I have multi rec and I am able to collect  a now and
> next  epg from the t stream.
> I have been watching discussion on the EPG issues for a while, but it
> never really worried about it to much because my old box used reven
> scrapper to build my EPG.
>  My Linux knowledge is basic at best, I have downloaded mheg2xml for
> building the Epg, and as I said I googled how to even unpack a tar. file
> If anyone is using this method can some one post how to use this and rb
> - download that was mention in this file, to build a epg or point me in
> the right direction. Or what method they are using. Thanks for any help Stu

Hello Stu,

Right now, mheg2xmltv is just a conversion script.  It needs to have
the data from rb-download provided.  MHEG-5 data is a bit quicker than
EIT and completes in 45 seconds.  I run it at 2AM for 120 seconds to
be sure it grabs everything.  rb-download is designed to run in the
background continuously.  Therefore, you must kill the rb-download pid
after your desired time.  I've got a helper bash script that does this
for me but need to clean it up before I put it into the mheg2xmltv
package.

After you run rb-download, either pass via command line or edit the
script configuration settings (in the file itself) for the data
directory you used with rb-download.  mheg2xmltv then makes an
xmltv.xml file that is imported into mythtv.

Additionally, you may edit the included metadata file for some more
listing information.  At the moment, it includes tvdb number and
categories.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
sV