[mythtvnz] Cutting H.264 DVB-T files with ffmpeg without transcoding

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jul 25 01:06:52 BST 2010

Ross and Jemima Knudsen wrote:

> You'd just want to drop all the markings for the particular recording
> after doing any of the transcoding as potentially the timestamps may be
> altered.  So something like:
> 'delete from `recordedmarkup` where `chanid` = X and `starttime` = Y'
> and 'delete from `recordedseek` where `chanid` = X and `starttime` = Y

No, can't just do that because some of the records in recordedmarkup are
not cuts. Seems some are the resolution and there's one I don't know
what it does but it looks important because it's a big number. :-) So
need to do a selective delete based on mark types. Still pretty easy
though. Or use mythcommflag - see below.

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Recordedmarkup_table
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Recordedseek_table
>
> To fix the entries in the seek table just take the lazy way out and use
> one of the methods here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable

Yep, I think mythcommflag will be the quick fix for rebuilding the seek
table and clearing the cut list.