[mythtvnz] Cutting H.264 DVB-T files with ffmpeg without transcoding

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 12:03:53 BST 2010

> > I've used VB a fair bit also but I don't think it's a good idea to rely
> > on something which isn't pretty standard in Ubuntu for portability
> > reasons. Turns out sql in bash is really simple. Just echo the sql
> > commands through a pipe to mysql and catch the results. Dead easy. :-)
> > Hardest thing will be understanding which tables need updating.
> > Recordedseek and recordedmarkup are the ones I know of so far.

If you have the appetite to learn a bit of Ruby, Nick Ludlam has done some
excellent work on an easy-to-use Ruby API implementation for MythTV:
http://github.com/nickludlam/ruby-mythtv

I originally contributed some work to add support for 0.23, and have just
pushed up support for Myth protocol version # 23056 to my fork:
http://github.com/jonathanhoskin/ruby-mythtv

The Ruby API doesn't have currently support for querying the recordedmarkup
table, but it would be straight-forward to pick that up through
ActiveRecord.

Whatever language you use, best of luck - the Myth backend stack is a scary
place.