[mythtvnz] Cutting H.264 DVB-T files with ffmpeg without transcoding

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 22:21:27 BST 2010

David Moore wrote:

> I get the picture now. I also am new to anything in linux really but I'm
> prepared to give it a go. With my minimal experience I believe you can
> do pretty much anything in a bash script although the built-in script
> features are not as flash as something like perl.
>
> I like your ideas. I'll get started but it will probably take me a while
> so don't hold your breath. :-)

Yeah, as with any FOSS can't expect anyone to do anything.

Only other option I thought of just now is whether writing it in VB.net
(or C#.net) would be worthwhile as mono have pretty good libraries now.
I know VB fairly well but last time I tried using a mono based IDE on
Ubuntu I couldn't get it to work.