[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py fails to validate

Bob . maillists.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 06:23:29 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Bob . <maillists.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately I'm still not getting guide data into myth successfully
>> but I'll start another thread if necessary.
>>

> Take a look in mythweb at Setup (the spanner and key icon at the top)
> then TV then Channel Info.

For the record:
mythfilldatabase was looking for ~/.mythtv/nzepg.org.xmltv (nzepg.org
was what I named my video source) and the configuring of the grabber
in mythtv-setup doesn't seem to write any file at all so:
$ tv_grab_nz-py --config --config-file=~/.mythtv/nzepg.org.xmltv
helped.

Then I did a full scan of channels then used the channel editor to set
the appropriate xmltv ids (eg tv1.freeviewnz.tv,
base-fm.freeviewnz.tv, etc) onto each of the channels.

Then mythfilldatabase got the guide data in there.  All sorted.

Thanks for the help.